Back in 1958, the milk producers of both Malta and Gozo formed a co-operative. It offers its members benefits and services including, veterinarian, artificial insemination, personal insurance which also covers their livestock and farms, together with installation, repairs and sales of milking machinery.
Located in the traditional Maltese town of Siggiewi, this family-run and award-winning tourist attraction offers a fun-filled day out for all the family with plenty to see and do. Children will love the multilingual walkthrough and animal park, while adults will relish the chance to immerse themselves in the islands’ eclectic 22,000,000 year past. You could even opt to express your creative side and join in with our stone sculpting demonstrations!
The Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens Mons. M. Azzopardi Street, Siggiewi. SGW 2050. Malta.
Merill is an enterprise in Malta providing eco-friendly experiences to visitors who wish to enjoy nature, culture, history and tradition. Managed by experts in agriculture and environment with over 15 years of experience.
On the 30th of March of 2014, the Malta Youth in Agriculture Foundation (MaYA) was inaugurated. The day started as the guests were received at the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens in Siggiewi.
Hon. Roderick Galdes MP - Photo by Cassar Photography
Ms. Jeanette Borg, Founder of the organisation, made the introduction for the speakers that included Foundation administrators Mr. John Gauci and Mr. Karl Scerri, full poultry farmer respectively. Hon. Roderick Galdes MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Agriculture, Fisheries Animal Rights delivered the closing speech.
MaYA was officially recognised and registered as a Voluntary Organisation in December 2013.
All of the organisation’s supporters have a genuine interest in the agricultural sector of Malta and it is open to young farmers as well as youths studying or working in agriculture.
The Objectives of the Foundation are;
Mr. John Gauci addressing the attendees
at The Limstone Heritage - Photo by Cassar Photography
• To protect and ensure the best interests of young farmers in the Maltese Islands on legislative,
competitive and marketing fronts
• To promote all aspects of sustainable and diversified agriculture in the Maltese Islands
• To cooperate with stakeholders on matters affecting Maltese agriculture
• To serve as a medium for the exchange of ideas and for the dissemination of information pert
• To enhance the concept of fairly market place For more information about the Malta Youth in Agriculture Foundation, kindly send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org